(C) 2011 Freight Train Films, ARR.
Freight Train Films represented the film industry in Maine at the Capital Building.
Scooter McGruder premiered at the Nickelodeon Theater in Portland.
Scooter McGruder wins Best Feature Film as the LAFF International Film Festival.
All scripts are to be submitted to Freight Train Films using the
following guidelines listed below. Any script received without
these requirements will be rejected and discarded:
1. You must be 18 years of age to enter into a legal contract.
Therefore all submissions must be from those who are 18 years
of age or higher.
2. You must be the lawful holder of the copyright to the material
being submitted. Plagiarism and infringement will not be
accepted. Proof of ownership is your burden.
3. You must request and submit with the script a release form
allowing us to view your material. You can request a release form
from the "Contact" page.
4. We prefer a 500 word synopsis of the story rather than a
complete script, with a story board of the scene. You must be the
legal owner of the artwork submitted with the synopsis.
5. All submission must be in the form of an email. Use the
"Contact" page and send submission to Bill.
6. Freight Train Films is dedicated to producing quality films. We
do not produce pornographic material or material of an overly
7. We will notify you when we have viewed the material and when
a decision has been made as to whether Freight Train Films is
interested in pursuing production. Do not flood us with requests
for a status.
8. If we are interested in pursuing production a second release
form will need to be signed at our request to view the entire
script. A script request does not guarantee production, it permits
us to view your concept in its entirety. A final decision will be
reached upon completion of the script read.
9. If we pursue production after viewing the entire script then we
will offer you an "option" for licensing. UNDERSTAND that once an
option has been agreed to, we own the rights to produce your
film exclusively. We may also choose to develop the story in
unique directions not originally considered by you.
10. We reserve the right to reject any project presented to us for
consideration. Rejected projects will not be pursued by FTF for
Freight Train Films strongly believes in our acting talent right
here in Maine. We will and have worked with actors from all
over the world. Here are our requirements for submission of
1. You may at anytime submit your information to Freight Train
Films. Actors under the age of 18 must have written permission
from their parents to submit information for consideration on a
2. Your information must include a resume, a head shot, and
3. All photos (head shots) must be current within the last 6
4. Any falsified information will automatically disqualify you from
consideration in any Freight Train Films project.
5. We reserve the right to use your head shot on our website if
you are selected to be included in an upcoming feature.
6. You must request a release form from the "Contact" page
authorizing us the use of your image.
7. You may be requested to present a reel for our viewing for
consideration. Not having a reel will not necessarily disqualify
Freight Train Films believes in the crew talent we have in
Maine. All our films use strictly Maine crews if the talent is
1. You may submit your resume to Bill at any time.
2. Falsifying information will disqualify you from working on any
Freight Train Films production.
3. Certain productions will no doubt be considered Rated R
once complete. Production of this nature will not permit crew
members under the age of 18.
4. We do accept interns and high school students willing to
work on a location for study during appropriate productions.
|Freight Train Films performs two basic types of Auditions; these are Private and Public. A Private Audition is when we invite certain actors to attend based
on their history with this company or if they match the character description. A Public Audition is when the general public is invited to audition for open
rolls in the upcoming project. We are an equal opportunity employer. Below is a list of our requirements:
1. Private Auditions are closed to the general public.
2. Any SAG actor wishing to consider an audition must contact Bill on our contact page.
3. Any one under the age of 18 wishing to audition must have their parent or legal guardian with them.
4. You will not be notified nor should you ask about the results of your audition. If you are selected, we will contact you. You may be required to audition
more than once for a role.
5. If you are accepted you will be offered a contract to perform in the feature for which you auditioned. DO NOT accept a role for which you can not commit
to the completion of the project on a timely manner.
6. Each character in a film requires the actor to match the director's description of his or her appearance. Make sure you do indeed resemble the
description before attempting to audition for a specific character. This would include such things as race, age, height, weight, hair color, eye color, body
type and so on. Those who do not at least have strong similarity for the character will not be considered.
7. If you are invited or attend a public audition you must be on time and willing to stay until you have auditioned. The doors will be locked once the
auditions begin, those who are late will not be seen.
8. All necessary paperwork must be filled out upon arrival to the audition. You will be given the forms to fill out and a copy of a scene to study once you
9. Those with serious health issues may not be considered depending on the nature of the illness/injury and what they are auditioning for. Production
insurance may not cover your inclusion into the project.
10. All performances will be video taped. By attending the audition you agree to be taped and give Freight Train Films exclusive rights to use the footage
for whatever they desire.
11. We will notify you via email, text, letter, or phone call if you have been offered a role. Should you accept we will then explain to you the next steps in
becoming an official Freight Train Films talent.